ABNORMAL? Little hen is Laying more than 1 egg a day? Is it possible?

FreeRunRevolution

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 26, 2010
I have 6 hens that are just reaching maturity as they hatched in the summer. 2 of the hens started laying a month ago. 1 small egg each, every day. I can easily ID their eggs from my mature hens as 1 little girl is an Aracana with a little green egg, and the other little girl is a Leghorn with a little White egg.
The Leghorn egg is small, although sometimes it is bigger than expected and even once was a double yolker! Wow--impressive for such a young hen!
smile.png

The other 4 hens are siblings from a later batch, all black bantams whos mothers lay average size brown eggs.
Last week these 4 also began to lay and I'm finding 3 or 4 little brown eggs added to the batch every day.....
Now recently we had an anomaly, when I found 2 white eggs in one day. I figured it was a fluke and my leghorn layed one early in the morning and one later in the afternoon, but today and yesterday it happened again! 2 white eggs in one day!
I know which eggs are my matured hens and none of them lay white eggs. My Leghorn should be the only girl in the flock with a white egg...
I presume they are not from my 4 recently matured black-bantams as I would assume their eggs would all be light brown like their mothers?
Is it possible that my little leghorn is a super-producer??
Has anyone ever known a chicken to lay more than one egg a day?

Is it possible that one of the maturing bantams is laying a white egg, even though their mothers do not?

Quote:
th.gif

If my 20 hens would just lay one a day...the would be amazing!

Maybe you forgot to collect for a day or two!

Back
Top Bottom