About Time I Joined

ChickenNuggs

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2018
I visited these forums so often I figured I might as well go ahead and become a member already!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

My family has had chickens before when I was a kid (I'm 21 currently, so it's been awhile).

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Just picked up some chicks from TSC a little over a week ago. 2 Buff Orpingtons (pullets), and 6 assorted straight runs, which I believe are barred rocks or some kind of cross breed. The staff didn't have any more info on them :confused:. Most likely will post pictures of them later to see what you all have to say.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Oops, answered that above. But one day I'm looking forward to getting marans, ameraucanas, easter eggers (I like colored eggs!)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
This forum was always the first website to pop up when I googled things.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I like building things/putting things together. Anything from furniture, to cat scratching posts, computers, and soon a chicken coop! Also love baking with a passion, which is why I need all these eggs :D

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
All my friends and family are looking forward to getting eggs later this year. My boyfriend is a city boy at heart, but I sold him on the idea of chickens. I actually was in a public speaking class last year where I had to give a persuasive speech, I choose backyard chickens as my topic just so I could also deliver the speech to my boyfriend and convince him why they're so much better than just buying eggs. I also have a cat named Fifi who is very intrigued by the chicks. She could stare at them for hours, under supervision of course. My dream is to settle in Washington state with a huge, diverse flock of chickens laying beautifully colored eggs. I seemed to have forgotten one thing: My name is Sarah! It's so nice to join this community with all of you!

628CCF3F-4D09-46C0-8211-4A276A4451E0.jpeg
Welcome to BYC here’s a pick of my buff Orpington “big mama”

Back
Top Bottom