About using ivomec for goats

Dorothy1324

Songster
12 Years
Jun 21, 2007
i am wondering how to determine the dosing of ivomec for goats from what i have read I have to buy the cattle ivomec but i am wondering about dosing. and the most inexpensive place to buy ivomec

Last edited:
I dose mine by injection, 1ml per 50lbs for regular Ivomec, and 1ml per 100 lbs for Ivomec+.

Dosage for lice is 1cc per 100lbs SQ. under the skin.
for worms you give orally 2 cc per 100 lbs. You can give this cattle wormer to goats orally due to the goats motabolisim being so high it works better orally.
Remove the needle after drawing from the bottle and shoot right in the mouth.
You can get a Generic Ivermectin injectable from
Jeffers Livestock.com

Last edited:
My vet has driven into my head time and again that no matter what dewormer you use or how it is given, always double the cattle dose, due to the goats' higher metabolism. So, whatever the package says for cattle, double it and go for it.

ok Silly Question but is it ok to extimate the Weight of the goat She is a Nigerian Dwarf but on the large side of the spectrum so i am thinking she probably weighs about 50lbs but i have never weighed her.

Well 50 lbs is not too big as ine sometimes top in at around 70 lbs...yep mine are chubby...But get a scale at a thrift store or Wal0mart and hold the goat and weight and then redo with only you and this helps alot...When I use paste wormer I use 4 times their weight. Pour on wormer for cattle I use 3 cc's per 30 lbs of goat. Injectable can be given either orally or injected.

I used this chart as it was the closest thing I could find for my Nigerian Dwarf Goats. Just get a tape measure and measure the heart girth then see the chart below to get your weight. Hope you can read the chart the columns didn't line up just right. Also included dosage instructions that I used and found at http://www.barnonemeatgoats.com/worms.html.

Weight
Chart
Pygmy Goats
If hearth girth is under 22 inches, it is advised to use the scale method to determine accurate weight.
Bucks Does
Inches Pounds Inches Pounds
22 32 22 28.3
23 34 23 32.3
24.2 42 23.5 38
25.5 46 26 43
26.5 50 27.5 49
27.5 57 28 55
28 60 28.5 58
28.7 63 29 62
30 71 30 68
31 76 31 72
32 80 32 77
33 80
Brand Name: Eprinex (Ivomec)
Active Ingredient(s): eprinomectin 5mg
Availability: OTC
Withdrawal: No slaughter or milk withdrawal on cattle
Indications: Control of internal and external parasites
Dosage: 5ml per 100 lbs. applied topically (pour-on)
Goat Notes: 1 ml per 10 lbs. Great for treating kids; although a larger amount is needed per pound,
small goats can be accurately dosed.
Used frequently in dairy goats(No milk withdrawal) at 2-3 times the cattle dose.

Almost forgot, I found Jeffers to be the cheapest at the time I purchased.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Pour on Eprinex took all the hair off several of my goats, please do not use this wormer for your goats. Ivomec is great, pour on Ivomec is great, Eprinex-what a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom