Accident Hatch. Free Chicks

JessBradley

Chirping
Aug 25, 2019
Michigan
When I was at the end of my pregnancy, apparently I had a Cemani go broody and hide a nest under the nesting boxes. When recovering from having my baby I wasn't going out to the coop, my husband was (he is NOT the chicken lover of the family). Needless to say the nest kept getting passed up until one day I went out to really clean out the coop. Found the nest of 4 eggs, collected them, made a trip with the wheelbarrow, out to the field came back and heard chirping. Yeah, it was coming from one of the eggs! I just couldn't believe it. So I grabbed Dixie and the eggs, brought them in the house where 3 out of the 4 were a successful hatch. Well after much discussion on different Chicken pages, it's come to my attention that I have 2 Roos that hatched. I already have a Rooster and there is not enough room for two. I am located in Michigan between 48042|48005 and am willing to travel.

Needless to say, I've learned my lesson and have been checking every nook and cranny so this DOESN'T happen again.

Attachments

• 20210218_105917.jpg
    20210218_105917.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210218_110001.jpg
    20210218_110001.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 16
I can see how that happens. I send my spouse out twice a week to help with the coop and last week he said none of the brown hens had laid that day (rolling eyes :rolleyes: ) he only had white eggs. I listed all the known 'egg hiding' spots and asked if he had checked them all. He assured me he had. (do you need me to say the next day all the brown hens had two eggs each when I went to check ?)

I love my spouse.... I adore him... wouldn't be able to put up with him if I didn't. 🥰

by the way, congratulations on YOUR new chick, hope you're doing well and so is the little hen or rooster you hatched.

💞

Back
Top Bottom