Accidents can be prevented!!!!!!!! please read update rules page 3

10- Nail guns are real useful but can be very dangerouse, so if your nail gun has the safty lever not working, please fix it before attending of using it.

My brother-in-law nailed his foot to the roof a couple weeks ago.
barnie.gif

Oh my, Omran, ow! I'm glad your hand is healing. This is a very good thread for people to read, though.

I would add maybe two more safety rules:

-- don't do something dangerous just because 'it'll only be this one time' and you're in a hurry or lazy; and

-- clamp the workpiece unless it's real big and you're standing on it; and use an extra sawhorse or two to support the cutoff so that it does not sag as it begins to be cut free, and bind the sawblade, and cause emergency room visits.

Pat, with an extensively power-tool-crazed woodworking father who has managed to reach the age of 87 with all his fingers and eyes intact because of practices like these

I will again say that this thread should be a sticky. Many people who are not very experienced with power tools are willing to try building a chicken coop - as it just doesn't matter so much if you screw it up.
smile.png
However, it matters just as much if you screw yourself up.
sad.png

Good pointers here. Am a lifelong user of all manner of power tools and have had my share of scares and outright accidents. I once cut a fingertip off with a circular saw and had to search on my knees throughout my two car garage in the sawdust for it before going to the ER to get it sewed back on. I have had my share of close calls with table saws and also one time with a compound saw. The worst and most dangerous power tool tho is a chain saw. I have twice hurt myself with one and been able to patch myself up. 2nd time I just washed and disinfected it and then taped a compress into place with duct tape. Taking the duct tape off was worse than the cut!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

I really did a bad one just a couple of years ago with a chain saw and my luck ran out because I had to get my leg sewed up. Had two saws, one with antikickback chain for cutting brush and one with reg chain for logs, etc. Same size. Forgot to switch back to brush saw and it caught in brush and kicked over into my leg cutting a 7" gash. Now my wife will have a cow if she hears a chain saw and she is not there to keep brush away from me as I work.
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
Good woman!

Regards table saw, you can use any type of talcum powder or graphite to make the table top slick and I certainly always have made certain that the fence does not taper inwardly when I set it. That will cause work to bind and cause blade to become hotter and will cause any resin in pine to heat up and try to grab the saw blade itself.
hmm.png

Serious business and so true that there are no smart accidents.
smile.png

Oh Omran, I'm praying for your safety and that you will completely recover and have full restoration in your finger.... I seem to have accidents when I feel too assured... Thanks for taking the time to post this so that you are helping others,

God bless you and hold you in the palm of His healing Hand.

I used to do stuff with my dad in his shop now and then. It's been a while though and I am glad to be able to check in with you folks. I'll probably be bugging dbf more than doing the work myself. He's got more experience with the tools, he used to be a scale model builder. I've cut down and cut up alot of trees over the years though...lol. Would never have thought twice about it. Funny how things change.

Back
Top Bottom