ACV in pool?

Lady Grey

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2015
Northwest Oregon
I know you can put ACV in the drinking water for ducks, but what about in the pool? My 6 ducks and 3 geese share an infant pool and a toddler pool. Would it hurt their eyes? They drink out of their pools frequently, and ACV would help keep it clean, so I want to try putting it in, but if it would sting their eyes, I won't. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Has anyone tried it? Thanks!

Last edited:
I know you can put ACV in the drinking water for ducks, but what about in the pool? My 6 ducks and 3 geese share an infant pool and a toddler pool. Would it hurt their eyes? They drink out of their pools frequently, and ACV would help keep it clean, so I want to try putting it in, but if it would sting their eyes, I won't. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Has anyone tried it? Thanks!
I wouldn't put it in swimming water, only in drinking water. Vinegar is very acidic and will affect the oils on the plumage if you put it in swimming water. It would likely also burn their eyes, depending what ratio you used.

Back
Top Bottom