Solved Ad issue, need an admin to note this

Sure this I can send
As you can see it appears actually be the usual BYC news
1710609166071.png

That's the first thing I checked.
Here's a snip of the actual email, the one that gives me fits is the Purina iconed one about egg laying. Normally I'd ignore it and just check the Cleaning and Storing Fresh eggs. But was a bit sleepy and clicked below the green square link
1710608841606.png
Disable your ad blocker and see if the link works.

Sure this I can send
As you can see it appears actually be the usual BYC news
View attachment 3773627
That's the first thing I checked.
Here's a snip of the actual email, the one that gives me fits is the Purina iconed one about egg laying. Normally I'd ignore it and just check the Cleaning and Storing Fresh eggs. But was a bit sleepy and clicked below the green square link
View attachment 3773620
Looks like that is a link to Purina's site, not BYC.

As a side note, I do have BYC white listed, But no clue if the router might block it. That is something I don't mess with. My IT guy sets that up and I don't mess with it.
Looks like that is a link to Purina's site, not BYC.
I was able to reproduce the error by installing an ad blocker. Without an adblocker, the link goes here:

1710618156666.png

Thanks, this is very interesting if weird. As I don't really care about ads from Purina (I don't use their feed products and my chickens appreciate it)
While It's kind of academic to me, it's still strange that either my router, security system or Malwarebytes has decided this is a bad link. And my error points directly at ad-double-click not Purina.
Ah well. I'm not removing any security and BYC isn't blocked (and is white listed on my adblocker)
Some years ago I had a very nasty incident. I ended up getting my identity compromised and an attempt was made on my emails and cc accounts. It took me a lot of time, money and headaches to get things straightened out. And I still and will probably always, have to keep my credit checked by one of those services. Not going through that again.

Back
Top Bottom