ADAMS COUNTY PA CHICKEN LAWS

silver1313

Songster
8 Years
Jun 5, 2011
Gettysburg, PA
I am in adams county pa near gettysburg but outside the city limits.. does anyone know the laws or how I can find them to read myself? I sorry if someone posted before but I did not see any specifically for this area.. thanks!!!

Hi there, neighbor! :) We also live just outside of Gettysburg. The laws vary by township, and you should be able to find your township's ordinances on their website. Mind if I ask what township you are in? I might be able to direct you to the correct resources.

Well for anyone else that might live in this area i did find out today that as long as you are zoned right (agricultural - which we are) and as long as your birds stay on your property you can have all the birds you want !!!!
celebrate.gif
that made me very happy to hear !!!!

Hi there,
We are also in Adams County. We're looking for 17-24 week pullets. Do you have any suggestions for a for a local farm? We'd like to keep our business in the county if possible. Prefer Longhorn and RI Red.
Thanks.

Hi all I am a new backyard chicken member from Adams Co.. I live in Uniontownship.. outside of Littlestown.. near the Md. line... I have 4 - 2 yr old RI red hens.. which I call my girls... I am looking to add a couple more later this summer but want older chicks 12-16 weeks.. if anyone will have 4-6 that they want to sell let me know...

I only have one RIR and she is about 2 now .... the only hen i have currently .. starting over with different breeds this year and donated my other girls to my brother ... but red was special so I kept her ...

Hi,

Try these people in Orrtanna PA. We acquired some Leghorns from them last year. They breed based on orders but at this time of year they might have some ready to go. We're from Gettysburg.

[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom