adding a see through window

Mustafa Aamir

In the Brooder
Oct 27, 2020
anybody has any ideas on adding a see through diy plastic window on a diy plastic incubator... and that to during incubation, cause currently i have 24 eggs in the bator on there 12th day... any help will be appreciated
IMG_20201027_223916.jpg

I have plenty of ideas, but none that would be done in a minutes notice. I would NOT MESS WITH SETUP, as currently being used. Why chance loosing your hatch. When your chicks hatch and are in a brooder, then check in with me at that time. :thumbsup
Nice home-made inki,,

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and,,:welcome

I have plenty of ideas, but none that would be done in a minutes notice. I would NOT MESS WITH SETUP, as currently being used. Why chance loosing your hatch. When your chicks hatch and are in a brooder, then check in with me at that time. :thumbsup
Nice home-made inki,,

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and,,:welcome
Thanks, you can drop down the ideas now... And I can do them once this hatch is complete:highfive:

Go to homecenter or hardware store and get a few of these. Start with 2.
1604034146244.png

These are 4 inch diameter. Then get a small piece of Plexiglas, They do sell small pieces like 1 square foot. and it does not cost very much. Cut out 2 circles from the Plexiglas to fit into the inside diameter of vents.
Cut out the center vented portion out from those round vents. Leave a little on the edge, to create a stop for your circle of clear plexi.
Hot glue the plexi into the ring frame. Cut round holes in your plastic tub incubator wall. Be careful to make the port window fit tightly. This way no adhesive needed , and easily removed when you clean/wash your incubator as needed.
This is what you aim to have your port window look like. Surely you may find these nearby, or mail order from far away. Kind of pricey also.

image_2020-10-30_002616.png

If you have a dollar tree near you, I would use one of the stand up picture frames and hot melt glue it of the top of your DIY incubator, the hear wont be enough to warp it and you will get a decent view of the hatch without having to open the incubator

Back
Top Bottom