Adding new geese... NOW?

Senna95

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 6, 2010
Woodland
Hi,

I have the opportunity to purchase 2 female geese that I'd like to add to my flock (4 females, 3 males). I'm just not sure about the timing... with the other females just starting to lay and all.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have the opportunity to purchase 2 female geese that I'd like to add to my flock (4 females, 3 males). I'm just not sure about the timing... with the other females just starting to lay and all.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.
I would think it derpends on the amount of space you have there. You could always fence off a temporary area for them until the resident laying females get accustomed to them, then let them out after a week. But going by my own experiences, I´d be surprised if you´d get any real problems, assuming you have a large enough area for them to be chased away at first from stroppy geese. The males will just chase them.
lol.png

So, I´d say it depends on your space. If you only have a small space, you´ll need to be a bit more careful so as not to upset the laying geese. In that case, I´d be inclined to pen the newcomers in for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom