Adding water with auto turner?

SliderShooter

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 18, 2011
Rice Country, CA
For those running a box type, Farm Innovations/Little Giant, incubator with a loaded auto turner, how do you add water to the slots in the bottom? There has to be a easy way to do this but I have yet to figure it out. I can't even see the water slots through the tuner, let alone the water line and how do you get the water through the eggs into the water slots?

This is my first experience with the auto turner. In the past, for years, I have always hand turned the eggs and it hasn't been a problem to add water. The auto turner presents a problem for adding water and also generates some heat. I am going to run it for a few days before I set eggs and would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited:
Before I set the turner I ran some clear aquarium tubing from the water slots up through the vent holes. When water was needed I fed it through the tubing with one of the kids medicine syringes, never had to open the Bator that way.

When I remove the turner I add water at that time, I don't use water during incubation.
Your water tray covers the whole bottom? You know it holds 1 cup or whatever amount of water; just dump it between the racks.

I just use an old wine bottle and develop good aim! I keep the bottle full next to the incubator. Also, If I don't need all the egg racks, I'll leave one off and that will make room to pour.

I have that same incubator. I add water with a long stem plant waterer. Got it at the local dollar store. works great.

Thank you to those that replied. Some great ideas. I only set about 60-80 eggs per hatch so removing one of the rails seems to work out just fine. I live in a hot and dry climate and will need to add water throughout the incubation process.

I am really looking forward to using the auto turner and not having to turn eggs three times everyday.

Back
Top Bottom