Adult chickens

STEMteacher

Hatching
Feb 28, 2017
Hello! I'm a teacher in Marietta, Georgia. I wrote a grant to get a chicken coop and chickens. Is there a location near to me that I can buy adult chickens? I found a guy in Cedartown but that's over an hour one-way.
Thank you!

Greetings from Kansas, STEMteacher, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! You might try posting in the GA thread of this link - a local may point you in the right direction: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
Best wishes and I hope you find the birds you seek!
celebrate.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Around this time of year, a lot of feed stores have chicks.

Hope you find the ones you're looking for!

eta: I just realized you're looking for adult chickens. Try the buy-sell-trade forum to see if anyone near you is wanting to re-home some birds.

Last edited:
G’Day from down under STEMteacher
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received some great advice, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Thank you everyone!
I actually found adult Barred Plymouth Rocks in my area through Facebook's market page!
I appreciate the responses and warm welcomes!

I'm just now seeing this, but I know who you're talking about in Cedartown and for what it's worth, he has wonderful quality birds! :)

Welcome to BYC! :frow
We are glad you joined.
This video should help you learn how to navigate this site:

Back
Top Bottom