Advice needed.....Please help me......

Khricket

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
Here's my situation. Last March (2013) I decided I wanted chickens. I got them, built their coop & then I
found out there was no ordinance in my small town for them. In October they passed an ordinance for
them.The ordinance states that the property where they are being raised has to be owner occupied. My land
is in my mother-in-laws name but my trailer house is in our name (my husband). The town declined my permit to keep my girls but I am trying to find out if I have any rights to be grandfathered in since I had them before the ordinance was ever in action or passed. Or if my owning the house on the property has any significance? Does anyone have any opinion on this situation or know any legal stuff that could help me find a way to keep them? I have become very attached to them & already suffer from illness & depression. I am affraid if I lose them, I will......I don't honestly know what it would do to my state of mind. Any help\advice will be greatly appreciated...

hhhmmmm... Could your mother-in-law say they are hers? you just be the caretaker, so to speak?? if not I'm sure someone one here has an idea for you. Don't want you to lose the chickens. Even without depression, they make us happy. I'm so sorry you have to go through any of this.

Keep us posted. Good Luck

Nope, that won't work either. the city lady is an aquaintance of mine & I already asked her that. She said that would not be a way around it.

I have learned that there was an ordinance against chickens in the city limits when I got them oooops. Skies are looking a bit brighter though, the mayor & city clerk have come up with a form for me to file with the board of adjustments & since my situation is unique I might have a chance of getting the decision over turned by them & getting my permit. Cross my fingers & praying for that ray of sunshine =)

Back
Top Bottom