Advice Needed

Your setup looks nice! I wouldn't swap the males out. It is likely to stress your hens and they may or may not get along.

Can you get some turkey starter for your chicks? That will give them what they need if you can't find game bird starter. Can you order online? I have a friend in South Africa, and it sure sounds like things are rough down there.

Your setup looks nice! I wouldn't swap the males out. It is likely to stress your hens and they may or may not get along.

Can you get some turkey starter for your chicks? That will give them what they need if you can't find game bird starter. Can you order online? I have a friend in South Africa, and it sure sounds like things are rough down there.
Hi thank you for your response 😄

Okay cool, I wont swap out the males.

I'm not finding any turkey starter but I am finding this:
1703797299064.png

Its usually out of stock so pretty difficult to come by.

The South African quail forum suggested the chicken broiler feed - whichever has the highest protein... max I found was about 22%. So yeah it is a bit rough, hopefully it improves soon since there is quite a bit of people getting into quail keeping and we can stop grinding up cat food 😑.

I'm not finding any turkey starter but I am finding this: View attachment 3714027

The South African quail forum suggested the chicken broiler feed - whichever has the highest protein... max I found was about 22%. So yeah it is a bit rough, hopefully it improves soon since there is quite a bit of people getting into quail keeping and we can stop grinding up cat food 😑.
Can you get a picture of the nutrition label for the Pheasant Starter, or provide a link to it? For starter feed, I go with a 28% protein feed and drop them to 24% at about 6-8 weeks old. Others have success with lower protein, but I've been going with what seems to be the consensus on here and other sources.

I'm not finding any turkey starter but I am finding this: View attachment 3714027

+1 on a picture of the nutrition label from this.

Back
Top Bottom