Advice on prevention

moonlitfarms

Songster
12 Years
Aug 17, 2007
Indiana
My son is taking pullets to the local fair. This is our first time showing poultry. Just wondering if it's a good idea to give the birds some type of vaccine or med before they go to fair. These birds will come back home after fair so I was just wondering about this and if so what should I give them. Please drop a post with your thoughts.
hu.gif

I've heard of some people that show using vaccines and some not. I don't show, so can't really help you with that. I do know that often people quarantine show birds after they come back. You might want to think about that, too.

My impression is that how careful people are has a lot to do with whether they have decades of their life invested in working with their blood lines, along with a significant financial investment. Some people are just a lot more careful, also. I hope you can get some recommendations from others that have more experience.

And good luck!
thumbsup.gif

I just don't always trust other people are clean with their flocks and I don't want to bring that home. Just thought someone may have some advice from experience.

Back
Top Bottom