Advice please: big hole in quails wing

HuDa2022

Chirping
Apr 7, 2023
Hi guys, my Quail has a big hole in her wing, a few days ago I noticed it as a big bump, and I pulled on it and it came off fairly easily, it had white stuff on it like pus I guess, and it exposed a huge hole, it wasn't stinky and looks really clean, no nasty pus or anything in there, I cleaned it and put some Neosporin on it, 2 Days Later it's "healed" over again, but the bump is huge so I barely pulled the top and again it came off and exposed the huge hole, there is a white hard thing sticking up, I feel like it's a bone, but it doesn't seem like she would have a bone there.....or maybe it's a broken feather? My husband says I need to pull that white hard piece out with tweasers......it had "healed" over again now but the huge hole is not getting smaller, should I pull out the white hard piece out thats sticking up I there? It is definitely connected to her, like a bone or feather or something in her wing

Sorry here is a picture, what on earth is going on here????

Attachments

• 20230414_095055.jpg
    20230414_095055.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230414_094959.jpg
    20230414_094959.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 2
You poor bird, I'm so sorry! It's easy to tell from your photos that something is very off, but hard to tell overall what/where we're looking. Is it possible to upload a picture that's not so close up, and shows more of the wing and bird?

How does she use the wing?
Does she have any other symptoms (puffed up, lethargic, not eating/drinking, standing oddly, closed eyes, watery poop, etc)?

You poor bird, I'm so sorry! It's easy to tell from your photos that something is very off, but hard to tell overall what/where we're looking. Is it possible to upload a picture that's not so close up, and shows more of the wing and bird?

How does she use the wing?
Does she have any other symptoms (puffed up, lethargic, not eating/drinking, standing oddly, closed eyes, watery poop, etc)?
I'm so sorry I was so busy the past couple days, I think it is a feather cyst....the hard stuff, we pulled out was hardened puss or infection I guess around a follicle. We got I all out and cleaned the hole but we didn't pull out the feather I don't think, it is healed up nice but the bump is still huge, she can use her wing normally but the bump is still big and hard, I'm thinking it might need to be surgically removed from all I am reading 🙂

Back
Top Bottom