Advice please.

MonicaJoy

Chirping
Apr 1, 2022
So I had a baby goose hatch and it took very long. Over 24 hours. So I gently helped it and now I see he pooped in the egg already and now I see it has a protruded anus.
56BF0001-3279-492C-A929-75396218E6C2.jpeg
What can I do to help it?? Sorry I know the picture looks rather bad.

I Have Had Some Take Two Hours To Two Days From Pip To Zip To Hatch. They Take Their Sweet Time Coming Into The World ...If It Seems They Are Struggling Then I Will Step In Only To Open The Top Of The Egg & Not The Whole Egg

I Have Had Some Take Two Hours To Two Days From Pip To Zip To Hatch. They Take Their Sweet Time Coming Into The World ...If It Seems They Are Struggling Then I Will Step In Only To Open The Top Of The Egg & Not The Whole Egg
Ok thanks so much for that info!

Ok so even if the egg cracks and there is no progress in 24 hours, you wouldn’t help it??
We can only try to do our best and you did.

For future hatches. If you think an assist may be needed it is easy to check if the time is right, and maybe you did, examine the membrane covering the chick/duckling/gosling/whatever. If there is blood in the membrane it is too soon to assist. Check every couple hours and when the membrane covering the baby is bloodless or nearly so, it is safe to assist. This new life should not be removed completely from the shell. To assist just remove the shell and membrane on the rounded end and allow the baby o kick its way free of the shell. Doing it this way assure that the yolk sack has been completely absorbed.

With your present gosling, keep the bad area clean as well as its surrounding. It is important to keep bacteria from entering the gosling's body. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom