Advice please.

Where are you? For what it's worth, quail eggs ship more successfully than other eggs. I think it has to do with size; not much mass to be jolted around with each bump. I've had quail eggs shipped several times and each time had a good hatch. What kind of quail are you thinking of getting?
I’m in belize. I wouldn’t mind what quail eggs. I was asked to hatch them to feed to hawks at a raptor rescue center.

Look for coturnix quail (Pharoah, Egyption, Japanese are other names for the same basic bird) in your area? They are the most kept, I think, world wide.

How's the gosling?
The gosling is improving and getting strong so well. He’s walking around and cries when I leave him alone.

Attachments

• 23EBBB4E-E4B2-451D-AED8-F76C7DB5D2BC.png
    23EBBB4E-E4B2-451D-AED8-F76C7DB5D2BC.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 2
The gosling is improving and getting strong so well. He’s walking around and cries when I leave him alone.
Looks good. Sounds like he's already imprinted on you; a gosling that thinks it's a tiny human. Fun, but he/she may never associate with other geese. Consider finding a nest mate-gosling or duckling so he grows up as a bird.

Looks good. Sounds like he's already imprinted on you; a gosling that thinks it's a tiny human. Fun, but he/she may never associate with other geese. Consider finding a nest mate-gosling or duckling so he grows up as a bird.
Yea well this one will be the children’s pet. The rest of the goslings that hatch I want to try putting it with the other geese.

How long? How long does it normally take ?
It depends, for my duckling, she got to zip, and then stopped, didn't complete the zip. This was 48 hours since the external pip, I made sure she was not chewing or yawning (to ensure the yolk was absorbed- they yawn and chew with the beak while absorbing)
once she had stopped, I finished the zip and let her pop out on her own.

If they internally pip, and don't progress for 18-24 hours, they need an air hole- otherwise they could run out of air- but you don't want to help unzip until that 48 hour mark, really.
If ever you assist, you must ensure the yolk and blood has absorbed.
This baby was not quite ready. The best thing to do, at that point, would be to put them on something dry and soft, like paper towels, in a bowl or cup in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom