After hatching

elmi

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2017
I know you are supposed to keep the chicks in the incubator until they are dry, but as my incubator is so small and there is barely room to move i would like to know if its okey to move them to the brooder straight away. Maybe even blow dry them just in case?

I know you are supposed to keep the chicks in the incubator until they are dry, but as my incubator is so small and there is barely room to move i would like to know if its okey to move them to the brooder straight away. Maybe even blow dry them just in case?
I wouldn't risk it.

so what should i do ? the incubator is so small that the chick cant probably even stand up.

Its one of those cheap chinese 7 egg incubators, some people have problems hatching with that but its working for me:) i will look into that thread. What you think abou the blow drying thing ?

Its one of those cheap chinese 7 egg incubators, some people have problems hatching with that but its working for me:) i will look into that thread. What you think abou the blow drying thing ?
I honestly don't know what to tell you on that. But if you do it just be sure to move it back and forth so it doesn't burn them. I'd try to hold off though until someone else gives their opinion. Oh and welcome to byc.

okey, thanks for your help! there is only pipped as of right now and she is taking her time so i have plenty of time to think about this. i read somewhere about that blowdrying thing, i think it should work. and thank you for the welcome :hugs

I have had to hatch out eggs left by my broody hen tending to her hatched little ones. I would put them on a towel in a cage or box under a heat lamp. It is all I have. They did fine in the house under the light.

Back
Top Bottom