agressive rooster

dmcsunset

Hatching
12 Years
Mar 23, 2007
I have two roosters and 17 hens. The younger rooster is very agressive and tries to attack me most of the time. I carry a stick to scare him off. He has fought with my other rooster and injured him. My question is can a rooster's spurs be clipped?

Yes, you can use a dremmel and cut off the spur which is pretty easy to do. You could also just use dog nail clippers to trim the ends or take a pair of pliers and pull them off. They will bleed a little if you just cut them or pull them off but that is normal. Some quick stop or corn starch will stop the bleeding very quickly.

As for the agressive rooster thing... he might have to go if he is too dangerous.

go and get you some of those hand held tree pruners and snip off the spurs leaving a thumbnail length and sell the mean roo...if you just have to keep mr meanie then carry you a piece of plywood in the pen with you...he can bounce off of that instead of your head!!! cornishman.
he.gif

Are there any small children around? I got spurred in the face at the age of four.
hit.gif
I would not put up with the headache of dealing with a daily bully. I know what would happen to him if he were my problem!
smack.gif
Good luck with your decision of dealing with meanie.

Last edited:
Hello to all, thank You for all of your advise. No there are not any small children around. I think I will try to trim his spurs to see if that takes some fight out of him. If that doesn't work I will give him away.
Thank You, dmcsunset

Back
Top Bottom