ahhhh help please newbie hatching

greenthumb89

Songster
11 Years
May 30, 2008
pulaski wisconsin
this is my first time hatching. i dont have a turner. how is the best way to turn them? i have ben picking them up off the wire and holdingthem with one hand and turning them and setting them back down with the other...please tell me if this is ok????

Last edited:
That's fine. You just need to be gentle with them. Have you thought of using the carton method. You just turn the carton from side to side with the eggs in it. That way you don't have to handle any of the eggs. Then you can either use the carton to hatch or take them out on day 18 and lay them on their sides...whichever you prefer.

When i turn my eggs I just reach in and gently roll them over never picking them up off the floor. I just roll them over from my X side to my O side. I don't pick them up to do it because I have dropped my eggs before so I am afraid of doing it again!

If you are turning twice a day just roll over in the morning than roll back in the evening.

If you are turning 3 times a day than turn 1/3 every time.

Hens just pick at and move the eggs a little. It's not that scientific so DON'T PANIC.

P.S. I reccomend you edit the post and change the subject to "Advice for a newbie on
turning eggs". You'll get more help that way. I thought you may actually be having
a panic attack when I clicked on your post.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom