Air cell troubles

WolfGirlMagic

Songster
5 Years
Nov 9, 2017
hello backyard chickens!
I am incubating duck eggs from my own birds. Gathered fresh and safely stored before adding to the incubator. I checked and candled all eggs before placing for issues and all was well!
10 days before hatch i candled and one egg seems to have had a traveling air cell. The aircell is now in the enter of the side of the egg! A healthy embryo is bustling around inside. How can i give this baby the best chance at hatch?
Should i tilt it different? Set it a specific way at lockdown?
The aircell is firmly attached in the wrong place and i dont understand why.

I had one just like that, and sadly the chick was malpositioned (had something to do with the air cell probably) and did not make it, despite my efforts to help it out. I would try incubating the egg in an egg carton, upright. Candle to see if the air cell re-positions. :fl Or just be prepared and ready to assist it as soon as it's ready.

I had one just like that, and sadly the chick was malpositioned (had something to do with the air cell probably) and did not make it, despite my efforts to help it out. I would try incubating the egg in an egg carton, upright. Candle to see if the air cell re-positions. :fl Or just be prepared and ready to assist it as soon as it's ready.
Thank you! I hope this works!

Back
Top Bottom