air sac is way too small need advice please!!

i'm not sure what happened here. Is this a saddle? The eggs came from a local breeder less than 10 minutes away from me.

2/14 chicken eggs looked like this with no air cell and is that a blood ring near the bottom of the shadow? i'm so new at this, i have no idea.

Your air cells look MUCH better!! Keeping :fl you get a good hatch!!

Runners and chicken look fine to me... the little saddle shape sometimes happens, if the development looks good then no need to worry...

For hatching, I shoot for a steady 65% humidity...

As for the blood ring, it might be, is hard to see... can you take pics candling from the top and side? If you are not sure, just leave them in... if they don't stink, there isn't a worry about exploding... if any ever stink, and believe me you can tell the difference from a stinker and egg smell, pull and toss it right away...

these are different views of the two chicken eggs that looked different. top one looks bloodier now, and the bottom one the air cell looks like it has fluid leaked into it? it doesn't look hollow like the other eggs. nothing smells, i'm going to remove the one that's bloodier now, and leave the other one a while longer.

these are different views of the two chicken eggs that looked different. top one looks bloodier now, and the bottom one the air cell looks like it has fluid leaked into it? it doesn't look hollow like the other eggs. nothing smells, i'm going to remove the one that's bloodier now, and leave the other one a while longer.
Yep, top looks like a blood ring... bottom, I am not sure but looks either infertile or very early quitter... as long as it doesn't smell or seep, is ok to leave... if any seep liquid outside the shell, remove those too...

i think it went well. 12/14 runners, 10/14 malines (a couple of those quit early though). the half saddled egg didn't hatch.

now that it's a bit warmer and dryer out, i've been needing to watch the humidity more to make sure it doesn't go too low. next time i buy an incubator, i'm going to look for something that's better at automatically adjusting the temperature. the ether wafer thing is a pain in the rear.

i think it went well. 12/14 runners, 10/14 malines (a couple of those quit early though). the half saddled egg didn't hatch.

now that it's a bit warmer and dryer out, i've been needing to watch the humidity more to make sure it doesn't go too low. next time i buy an incubator, i'm going to look for something that's better at automatically adjusting the temperature. the ether wafer thing is a pain in the rear.
Sounds GOOD.... LOL I'm having a humidity issue it just went HAY wires on me and I have Four call ducks due Wednesday but a couple of them look sticky, I have Two shadowing. then this friday I have my first GOOSE that is due.

Sounds GOOD.... LOL I'm having a humidity issue it just went HAY wires on me and I have Four call ducks due Wednesday but a couple of them look sticky, I have Two shadowing. then this friday I have my first GOOSE that is due.
Hi! I know this was yearsss ago, but, I was wondering what you meant by "a couple of them look sticky"
This is my first time hatching ducks and I'm still trying to learn everything lol. I have ducks and have hatched chicks for many years, but like I said, 1st time hatching ducks lol

First, do you have an idependent hygrometer that you have checked for accuracy? If they are that small, I would run dry for a few days and recheck for proper growth. A lot of people have better hatches at 30% humidity un until lockdown and then higher it for hatch. 65% is way too much for the incubation period.
My ducks air sacks seem small too on day 14 - what should I do I’m going crazy - I’ve taken the water out and misted them instead today. I’ve put them back in with only bit of water in the tank - my incubator has 5 water wells - I’ve just put half cup in as was more in there - is this correct ?

Back
Top Bottom