Airsacks getting smaller..

Loopeend

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
I'm on day 32 now with Indian runner ducks. One came out a few hours ago.
One seems dead since day 27 when the ceiling hit the hatching machine. The other's alive on day 31.

I see their airsack getting rappedly smaller. But no beaks/liveliness/peeps. I do see some arteries attached unlike in the deceased one.
I'm used to that dead eggs the airsack expands due to moisture eveporating. But it's in one day now reduced in size by 75 procent.

Not quite sure what it means. Have they pipped internally and should I get ready to create an air-hole? Or are they dead already? =/
And when exactly. there is now a small thumb of air left.

I'm on day 32 now with Indian runner ducks. One came out a few hours ago.
One seems dead since day 27 when the ceiling hit the hatching machine. The other's alive on day 31.

I see their airsack getting rappedly smaller. But no beaks/liveliness/peeps. I do see some arteries attached unlike in the deceased one.
I'm used to that dead eggs the airsack expands due to moisture eveporating. But it's in one day now reduced in size by 75 procent.

Not quite sure what it means. Have they pipped internally and should I get ready to create an air-hole? Or are they dead already? =/
And when exactly. there is now a small thumb of air left.
I'm confused with your post...
Have you not locked down the incubator?
Something doesn't sound right. Candle the eggs..

I'm confused with your post...
Have you not locked down the incubator?
Something doesn't sound right. Candle the eggs..

It is on lockdown since day 25.
I candled them, the ones we are talking about, and I can see nothing, no movement, a lot of dark, and a piece next to the airsack where it is clear and you can see blood/vescles. On the other side of the airsack I could see yesterday a darker shade in the airsack where it is supposed to internal pip. Now nothing; only the airsack rappidly getting smaller.

It is on lockdown since day 25.
I candled them, the ones we are talking about, and I can see nothing, no movement, a lot of dark, and a piece next to the airsack where it is clear and you can see blood/vescles. On the other side of the airsack I could see yesterday a darker shade in the airsack where it is supposed to internal pip. Now nothing; only the airsack rappidly getting smaller.
Then those are dead unfortunately...

Can you post some pictures is them being candled?

Not really. To not disturb them while candeling I need two hands, for taking a picture another hand that is not around until tommorow :p

I could if I take them out of the incubator.. exactly how harmfull should that be, might they still be alive?

I had some dead-in-shell ducklings that I saw were dead, then I left the eggs sitting for another day before doing an eggtopsy. When I opened them the fetuses had swelled and were all bloated and mushy. Maybe that's what happened to yours too?

Back
Top Bottom