ALABAMA!!

Oh man. Haha. Ok.

We've seriously been drawing and redrawing for two months.. Fiance is Mr.DIY and he doesn't do anything half way :p

I think we must just take the plunge and go for whatever plan seems best. In good news, I already have 50 feet of 48inch hardware cloth. No turning back now!

Plumbing electricity etc he is an ace this is his first real construction project other than putting the floating floor down which I don't think counts so he is super excited about this of course he claims if I keep making him do this stuff he is gonna be a master soon

Wow..I thought we were the only ones who keep trying for a better coop.

Quote:
You will not be satisfied with your first coop, no matter how you build it. It will be too small, and not exactly where you want it. The second will be a little more like what you want, but not exactly right. After about four or five you will have it figured out. Good luck, and send lots of pictures.
thumbsup.gif

He thinks too much and does too little
lau.gif

Really, he just wants things to be PERFECT and that makes projects take forever. We gutted the bedroom down to the studs, the walls were rotten due to old water damage (this house was a lemon I purchased before me and him got together... inspector was lousy, house was surrounded by 8 feet tall shrubs that hid a lot of the issues). That took over half a year to put back together. Now last winter the bathroom wall fell over. Literally.

I went a week without a toilet.. he figured he'd have it done in one day. Haha. Yeah. No. Let's just say I was glad to have some spare Tidy Cats buckets with lids.

My shower has been covered in plastic for months haha. But, when it's done, it's done right. Just.. slowly. I can't really blame him too much. We keep finding things that have to be addressed (like the hidden junctions in walls.. and wires touching the plumbing.. It's a miracle this house has not burned down yet)

I'm more.. impulsive. I'll figure things out as I go. He wont have none of that
tongue.png

I'm also the queen of ducttape and cardboard. If you ever need something, just let me at it, I will make it for you! It won't be pretty, but it'll work. (I should show you my computer desk, it's an engineering marvel!)

hi friend! where in warrior are you? i just called city hall and found out that i am not 'agriculturally zoned'. i am just off main street and happen to know that there is a house two blocks south of here that does have chicken ( a rooster too!) i am a little furious, to be honest. we have hundreds of feral cats and unleashed dogs everywhere but i am not allowed to have fresh eggs for my family!!???? gotta figure out what to do next. guess we will have to get it in front of city council and see what we can do. how far from town center are you?

hi friend! where in warrior are you? i just called city hall and found out that i am not 'agriculturally zoned'. i am just off main street and happen to know that there is a house two blocks south of here that does have chicken ( a rooster too!) i am a little furious, to be honest. we have hundreds of feral cats and unleashed dogs everywhere but i am not allowed to have fresh eggs for my family!!???? gotta figure out what to do next. guess we will have to get it in front of city council and see what we can do. how far from town center are you?
I am assuming that you are talking to me. I am not actually in Warrior. I am in unincorporated Jeff. Co. I have heard some tales about your city government and let me say that I am not suprised. Maybe you could be like many people on this site and have steath chickens.
hu.gif

Does anyone have any hatching eggs for sale? I just want a small grab bag.... 6-8 eggs with each from a different variety of chicken if possible.
big_smile.png
I don't have 6-8 different pure breeding groups. I do have hatching eggs for sale. I have ameraucana, mottled bantum cochin. I also have different types of hens all crossed by my pure am. rooster which would result in EE. When they decide to lay I will also have BCM and F2 Olive eggers.

Back
Top Bottom