Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Naw... just keeping things neat and tidy.

Aimee, how's that leg doing?
smile.png

Good Tori, thanks for asking! As long as I stay away from the dogs tail!​

Quote:
Good Tori, thanks for asking! As long as I stay away from the dogs tail!

Ow... I know how that feels!!

Carmen, as soon as the meaties are about 3 weeks old, out they go. I try to make sure they're pretty well feathered at that point. They put off so much heat that they can keep each other warm. We got down to 37°F last night here, so I'm glad I hadn't put them out yet, but sometime this week my 50 are going outside. I can't keep up with changing the shavings!!

Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

LOL and at first glance I thought oh how cool a soup thread LOL silly me.

AL

Quote:
But I bet there's more than one Alaskan that can make a heck of a good soup!!

And not just from chicken!
wink.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Quote:
But I bet there's more than one Alaskan that can make a heck of a good soup!!

And not just from chicken!
wink.png

True! But ya gotta admit Chicken noodle vegetable soup....simmering on the wood stove... can't beat it!

I've got soup going in the crockpot over night right now.
smile.png

Thanks ya'll. As soon as DH finishes the Meatie Mobile they are exiled from the garage. I took them out today and put them in for a few hours. At first they were sort of in shock. They are very risk averse, but they warmed up to it in no time. One excaped from an unfinished lower edge (pics to follow when we are done) but was soon returned to his buddies. It was so gratifying to see them enjoying the sunshine, grass and dusting dirt.

I have SO much to do in such a short period of time. My MIL is coming on Thursday and I have to have the house cleaned--REALLY cleaned plus I am trying to get the meaties out and the garage cleaned. It looks like a bomb went off in there. I was out of shavings and straw but had a pile of leaves from the fall, so I layered in a bunch of those for the dears. They loved it. Leaves were flying every where.

I also have a barrel and a box of plucker parts that are begging to be put together. And now that DH sees that he might get his garage back sometime soon he is anxious to evict the layer chicks and the darling ducks. We were discussing how to throw together some temporary housing for the layer chicks out of a shipping crate from our last summer move. I think it will work for the interim and then can be the duck house.

Tori, would you believe I have atleast 3 rose combed RIR cockerals? The jury is still out on # 4. I hope it is a pullet Jersey Giant Roos as well as some Australorp roos. I have one black Chanticler roo. They jury is still out on the Wyandottes and Buff Chanteclers and cuckoo Dorkings. I think you said you might be interested in one of the RIR cockerals and a Jersy Giant something. Still interested? Can we trade for a couple of blue orps?

I guess that I better get some sleep if I am to get my chores done tomorrow. I am so glad we are off school right now. There is no way I could get all my stuff done and teach school too. The kids are loving their break. Good night all.....

Back
Top Bottom