Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

Quote:
That's the worst kind, hungry and dumb.... No end of trouble. I don't blame you for bringing them in. What're you gonna do?
hu.gif

Till I try em? Ummm.....Ive had my fair share and now that I'm old enough to say...... no thanks......
lol.png
tongue.png

To each their own, but we don't go out of our way to catch pinks or chum....I can guarantee you anything
that comes from this house will always be reds or silvers......maybe the occasional bright silver king/jack out of the ocean.....
tongue.gif

I'm quite the salmon snob, you can blame hubby for that one......
gig.gif

Last edited:
I don't like to eat pinks, but I do save the females for the smoker. The males are tossed back. It's so sad that males are so expendable.
wink.png

Last edited:
Well, after getting my dipping trip cancelled, then back on track
celebrate.gif
, Joseph has double ear infections and I can't go again.
sad.png

I'm so glad I not only got the chicks moved to the growout pen yesterday, I'm glad I actually took the time to sit on the porch and enjoy the sun.

A chum cooked right is pretty good. My son used to prefer them to silvers. Softer fleshed but decent flavor...
Took a dip in the lake yesterday and it was warmer than I expected it to be..Thank goodness.
wink.png

frow.gif
frow.gif

So, anyone get anything accomplished the last few days?

Made an 'out' area for my geese so that can at least be productive in mowing part of the yard.

Got the tarp custom sewn up for the baby meaty pen.

Taught Copper that he DOES NOT get to bite me.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom