Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

There is a cut off on how many birds you can process and sell per year before you have to become a USDA inspected facility. Off the top of my head I cannt recall the number. But I do know it's a lot more than I ever plan on doing in a year.
I've been working on my own mpu for a bit now. Its not trailor mounted yet but loads into a pickup. A few more peices of equipment and I will have to trailor mount the whole thing.
For now we do plucking parties, you bring your birds to us and for a small fee we show you how to do it and help you with your birds. If you have more than 50 we rent you the equipment to take home and you can pluck at your own pace.

lol.png
well those were my top choses so wich ever was fine with me i am just horrible at deciding

Final count for the black coppers 9 of mine, 5 of the others (one of them has curled toes) .....and two wheaten! I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something.....
he.gif

Last edited:
Well the eggs arrived. He did send extra, 15 total and 2 were broken, so I have a Baker's Dozen to set. Bator is on and already at temp and humidity. So I'm leaving them alone til morning as the one I candled had a detached cell... the box was manhandled pretty badly... I'll be happy if I get one of each out of this!

I don't know the answer to that, but you won't know unless you try. It all depends on how old they were when he sent them, and how badly shaken they were.
sad.png
There's still a chance you will get babies, so don't give up yet.
smile.png
Heck, I left eggs sitting out overnight the other night... 18-19 hours in front of an open window, all of which are due this week... put them back in, candled last night, and they survived somehow.
th.gif

You have to try, but hopefully he will send another shipment, perhaps for the price of shipping.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom