Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

Quote:
Good info on the pig raising, we have thought about one, but don't have the room where we're going. BUT, with 8 dogs, there is NO waste on any critter for me! lol

It doesn't take much room to raise them. Our pen is only about 20x30 and it's made in true redneck fashion using old pallets standing up on end. I screwed them together then drove a couple of T posts in the ground to brace the long side up. I left an opening that gets covered by a half sheet of plywood so I can get in when it's time to get the pigs out I just unscrew this section.

Hi everyone. We still have 2 ducks so our measures have worked.... So far anyway. Kaasan has considered sitting up by the duck house tonight with a 22 to 'wait for what will come'... Our neighbor went to let his ducks out one winter morning and a lynx shot out first. He was never sure where it got in, but it finished off 4 ducks.
Working on the new coop right now, so hope to have that ready for the girls this week.
wink.png
If we wait for more good weather it may never get done...

Last edited:
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
Bonnie!!!!!

I just got a call from the neighbor, I guess he shot a 5ft black bear off the mound out behind the house here which is right behind my coop.......

HE MISSED IT!!! or so he thinks.......
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
th.gif

I am exhausted....It's dark out, it's drizzling and Im not going out there! I refuse! This woman who has hunting and trapping running through her blood is going
to go to bed....and go to sleep.......No, I am not tracking a bear in the dark. I am going to bed....

Just a little more convincing and I might make it there! lol...

Last edited:
Oh yea...I KNOW better. It just annoys me knowing he calls me at 9:30pm when you can't see a whole lot by that point and tells me there
could be a wounded bear running around here. He did say when he shot at it, that it just darted off. So that reassures me a little. Most bears
will turn around and bite and spin at whatever it was that hurt them....But at 30 yards from the bear, you could hit a ant at that distance!
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom