Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

Drum Roll Please!!!

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

2020_firstegg.jpg

2020_double.jpg

Someone took the warnings I gave them seriously.
smile.png
I think it was one of my Australorps. It was delicious too.

Hi everybody...
Carmen the eggs look delicious,
Bonnie, I haven't been on and just noted that you lost one of the babies!
hit.gif
Bcm is still okay?
Rachel I am sorry that winter is taking a hard toll already... We are hanging in here so far, but this winter will tell me a lot about what varieties are best to keep up here,,,,I have used lanolin on my face in sub zero wind to insulate it and it works. Don't know if that is best for chickens but bag balm is similar isn't it?

Last edited:
Donna yes, the BCM is fine, tho horribly lonely. He's wanting out and sitting on my lap quite often. He'll be in for a surprise when he gets moved to the freezer..lol So far everyone I have seems ok, even the ones that can go outside seem to be ok so far. I'll take a better look tomorrow morning as the wind is kicking in and I'm sure that will make things worse. The ones in the inside coop are good to go.

Well, I just hucked the last of my youngsters outside... probably 10 weekers that have been in the breeder coop for the last 4 weeks without heat. I'm down to quail, pheasants, and a couple of orpingtons that haven't passed through their "ugly duckling" stage yet, and have bare patches. I took pity on them and kept them in a cage in the garage. Other than that, everyone is outside, either in coops or just outside. And so far so good. No snow yet... not even a flake.
sad.png
I'm so disappointed. I was hoping for snow before now.

THe white one in the front looks like my Koda staring at me.
smile.png
It's 30F and windy here. Feels like it should be snowing HARD, but it's not.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom