Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

Omg the quail will not shut up. They went from cute cheeps to loud screechs. How dose anyone make it to 6 weeks or more with out killing them. They talk all day all night 24-7 ahhhh.

I know this isn't chicken or rabbit related....but I JUST had to share our newest addition that will be up here sometime mid December.
We are working out the logistics of getting her up here from the Seattle area sometime around the 9th....We arent wanting to use miles if someone is
already headed this way....

Anyhow, no name yet....but here she is!

Littlegirl.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited:
Deb, She is adorable!

Paula, did you see my question about your goats? Were they the 5 goats from Craigslist that lady posted? How are they doing? I saw their pics on your blog. They look like a happy lot. What kind of buck are they being bred to? About when will they kid and what are you going to do to with the kids? I know, I'm full of questions tonight. I would love to have goats but that is not possible right now.

Quote:
Yes, these are the goats we were looking at.
Turned out they were owned by a lady I had met before!
They are going to be bred, Lord willing and step ladder handy, to a Nigerian Dwarf
lau.gif

Best we could do, and buying him brought us to the exact amount we had budgeted for goats.
And, guess what? We did not even have to spend the budget money, as we unexpectadly sold an item that we were not using the day before we got the goats!
No idea what babies will be like or what we will do with them. First year, so we are just worried about getting milk the first year.
We intend to research a purebred LaMancha and maybe an Alpine so we can get proper breeding done next year.
The Alpine we have gives 1.5 gallons per day at peak!

Now, one of the four older ones will be sold but boarded here by friends that cannot keep a goat at home. Just saying!

I'm so glad you got them!! What does this do for your involvment in the co-op? With all that milk coming in, I don't imagine you will be making many runs to the farm. Did you get your greenhouse fixed up to house them?

Back
Top Bottom