Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

-34 here at 10:30am... brrr
I must be getting old, as I want to spend the day hiding in bed. Maybe hibranate till March...
wink.png

Leslie, tell me about the goose in your avitar. What kind and where did it come from? I just ordered some geese and ducks from Holderreads to come in April or May. Can't wait.

Well, the wolf pelt is hanging in the closet and the cotton velvet is still hanging at Seams Like Home. My DH has had me busy altering pants and fixing buttons on his shirts. I have also been teaching my daughter and her friend how to sew. I teach my 3 kids at home and life has been crazy lately, so I haven't gotten to it. I have been thinking about how to go about it though. I am waiting for some inspiration to hit, not to mention time.

DH asked me last night if I ordered "those ducks and geese". I said I had and he just shook his head. "Where are you going to put them dear?" I told him I have a plan...sort of. Now I have to come up with a really good plan.
roll.png

Leslie, what kind of housing did/do you have for your geese?

Leslie, what kind of housing did/do you have for your geese?

I have always housed all of my birds together in the winter, using shallow water containers, lots of wood shavings, and a couple of energy efficient lights. In the spring, we move the geese to our original coop as geese are mean to everything they can't/won't breed with during breeding season (that is what happened to Lou, the other geese never bonded with him and ganged up on him. They have done the same to my ducks in the past.)

This year my geese are staying in my old coop with our Nigerian Dwarf goats and lone Pigmy goat as I think the big coop would feel pretty crowded with the goats. We are waiting to see how they do through this cold snap.​

Back
Top Bottom