Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

Doing okay. One of the muscovies started laying and I had to fix up a dark nest box. She loves it. I am looking forward to the new ducks and geese coming in a couple of months. I ordered chickens from Sandhill (Dels, white chanteclers and some assorted heavies to fill out the order) and I am wondering if I have gotten myself in too deep. The kids are hoping to have muscovies to sell this summer. My DD is selling chicken eggs locally and they all hope to be selling ducks eggs when the Welshies come in to lay.

The characteristics ya'll have noticed about the Delawares in your flocks has not been true about the Dels I have from Sandhill. They get along well with the others. I have 2 hens and the main roo is a Del.

Quote:
Hey Carmen
frow.gif

I meant to get back with you yesterday!
Thanks for the pics! Let me know next time you come up to the Valley, cause we do want your RIR roo.
Oh, and if you have too many ducks, well, I bet I could help you out with them
hide.gif

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. We still have the 2 girls we got from you...the buff Wyandotte and the Australorp...also the RIR and BR. We ordered 5 EE chicks from Cackle, and they'll be here by the end of the month. Spring fever hitting hard, and no green in sight!
hmm.png

Quote:
There is a little green in our kitchen window! 300 onion starts are looking good. Still have about 900 left too do though
th.gif

Last edited:
Ooooh, Paula...that's a lot of onions! But what a nice view they must be at this time of year. I haven't started anything yet, I'm not set up for it. I do get paid tomorrow, so I might look into getting some things.
fl.gif

Quote:
We started the onions so early because then we will not have to make a huge investment into sets.
We are splitting them with family.
I hope I calculated right, cause we are hoping to get through the next winter with them!

YAAAAA I love reading the post now my hubby cant tell me i am crazy and the only one starting to plant things all ready
smile.png
I have 8 sunflowers just starting to come up and have planted 4 artichoke plants though they have not come up yet:)

Quote:
Apparently Budget carries it, you can buy as much or as little as you need. This is second hand, though, and I don't know if it's in yet or not.

Thanks! Got to crunch numbers as to how many we need now.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom