Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

Quote:
Goose eggs?
Like from your own goose?

Yep I have 4 geese and one of them laid an egg for me today I was so happy.

Oh are any fertile?
If they are, Please let me know if you are ever interested in selling them.
And how big are the eggs?
smile.png

Quote:
Yep I have 4 geese and one of them laid an egg for me today I was so happy.

Oh are any fertile?
smile.png

Well it is my first egg so i will not know if they are fertile yet. I have one girl goose for sure and the other three are unknown yet. I got them when they where babies last winter the family I got them from did not sex them and I am new to it so will not know untell I see them laying or crack some eggs open and see the bullseye and try hatching one or two for myself. But if you are interested I will keep you in mind I just don't want to sell anything tell I know for sure that they have a chance to hatch.

Quote:
Oh are any fertile?
smile.png

Well it is my first egg so i will not know if they are fertile yet. I have one girl goose for sure and the other three are unknown yet. I got them when they where babies last winter the family I got them from did not sex them and I am new to it so will not know untell I see them laying or crack some eggs open and see the bullseye and try hatching one or two for myself. But if you are interested I will keep you in mind I just don't want to sell anything tell I know for sure that they have a chance to hatch.

That is understandable
smile.png

And thanks.
Oh and have you been able to find any deals on turkey eggs?
I have been wanting to hatch those.
Like I know someone in the Butte who might be selling them, but those won't come until mid April.

Quote:

That is understandable
smile.png

And thanks.
Like I know someone in the Butte who might be selling them, but those won't come until mid April.

I am still looking. I have bid on some eggs and this time it is looking better like I might get them. I am on the list for eggs from Sterling Meadows Hatchery. She has some really nice birds and I have gotten some chickens from her in the past. If I had more patience I would just what for her girls to start laying and will if I lose the last two actions i have bid on.

Quote:
That is understandable
smile.png

And thanks.

I am still looking. I have bid on some eggs and this time it is looking better like I might get them. I am on the list for eggs from Sterling Meadows Hatchery. She has some really nice birds and I have gotten some chickens from her in the past. If I had more patience I would just what for her girls to start laying and will if I lose the last two actions i have bid on.

Ahh, maybe I will look more into buying from her.
I plan on hatching a couple so i can sell them to my friend... Or give it to them in return for them letting me keep my chickens there.
Since they love raising their own turkeys for thanksgiving.
Oh, I see in your signature you have quail.
Do you sell fertile eggs from them?
I have some Button quail eggs in my incubator right now, but they may not hatch due to the long trip they took to get up here.

Quote:

I plan on hatching a couple so i can sell them to my friend... Or give it to them in return for them letting me keep my chickens there.
I have some Button quail eggs in my incubator right now, but they may not hatch due to the long trip they took to get up here.

I do sell the quail eggs i am normally over run with them. Its all I can do to eat them all and have been selling the eggs to eat. But if you want them for hatching I can do that to. I just set some of mine in the bator to hatch. Though I have not hatched out any before i know they are fertile. If you want any just send me a PM and we can work out the details.

Quote:

I do sell the quail eggs i am normally over run with them. Its all I can do to eat them all and have been selling the eggs to eat. But if you want them for hatching I can do that to. I just set some of mine in the bator to hatch. Though I have not hatched out any before i know they are fertile. If you want any just send me a PM and we can work out the details.

Okay, I won't know if I will need them for sure until next month. Need to see if these ones hatch first.
And I have never eaten a quail egg. Do they taste the same as chicken eggs?

Anyone else want to be on the list for Bourbon Red Turkey eggs, please PM me... the list is filling up fast.
wink.png

Quote:

Okay, I won't know if I will need them for sure until next month. Need to see if these ones hatch first.
And I have never eaten a quail egg. Do they taste the same as chicken eggs?

I dont think they taste like chicken eggs. Granted they are eggs and they taste like eggs but they are lighter and fluffier tasting if that makes any sense. More of a milder flavor. I have noticed that some people can taste the difference and some can not. Its all on how good your taste buds are I guess. When I bake with quail eggs instead of chicken eggs you cant all ways tell the difference. Again it depends on what your cooking. Some things it is really apparent that you did not use chicken eggs other things mask the flavor of the egg so you cant tell.

Back
Top Bottom