Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

Oh Deb... they're gorgeous.
smile.png

Yea well, to him they are nothing but pigeons!
smile.png

They came from a lady in Anchorage who was moving. I brought home 8 of them and two pairs went to a friend of mine who has a huge aviary. I kept two pairs.

These guys are called Roller Pigeons. I'm hoping this summer we'll have a great little habitat set up for them so they can come and go. They'll have a hatch door on the
side of their flight pen so they can escape from hawks, owls etc....

Spesking of husbands- My husband has a phobia of all birds except for ducks! I didn't realise how serious it was till the year I hatched out button quails and our cat chase it out of the room! He was watching tv with our five year old sleeping with her head on his lap. He screamed and dumped her on the floor! Sreaming the whole way, "it's after me! It's after me!" He runs into the bedroom and keeps peeking out asking if I got the bird while I'm chasing it around the house! Needless to say The birds went to do clean up duty at an avairy and I am looking forwards to hatching ducks if I can find somone with calls! He is fine around ducks and we go and feed them here at the park throughout the winter.

Hey all I was wondering where somone would look to see if they can have chickens in Eagle River? Or if yall know..... and where better to ask then here
big_smile.png
Thanks all
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom