Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

Quote:
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
What are you hatching? I have 7 goose eggs 6 turkey eggs and 6 chicken eggs (3 bcm 2 barn yard mix and one bantam) in the bater right now and will be putting in more quail tomorrow. they are all do to hatch about Easter.

Norwegian Jaerhon eggs :) Hoping someone goes broody soon as I have to give the bator back! lol

Quote:
I'm not!! One was a gift, the other is a loaner... though I've had it for 2 years now, I think they've forgotten I have it...
lol.png

Lol, you guys! Oh, my big girls finally figured out that the plastic dish pan filled with sand is a great place to take a bath. It only took them two weeks...but they look so delighted fluffing sand all around.

Quote:
True
smile.png

Oh! And I candled some of the quail eggs today, and so far have found only one clear
smile.png

But it is still early so I will give it a few more days.
Looks like I will have a pretty nifty hatch out of these eggs.
I won't candle the goose egg until later.

Yes Deb, extremely lucky. If they ever want it back, I WILL have to find a refrigerator to build my own...
wink.png

BTW, I set 416 coturnix eggs, and 57 chicken eggs this morning...
woot.gif
big_smile.png

So I was thinking of raising meeties this summer and saw that some one got hers in egg form. What is better getting day olds or eggs? Oh and if I deside to get day olds anyone what to go in on an order?

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Yes Deb, extremely lucky. If they ever want it back, I WILL have to find a refrigerator to build my own...
wink.png

BTW, I set 416 coturnix eggs, and 57 chicken eggs this morning...
woot.gif
big_smile.png

Cool! Were some of them hopefully for me??
big_smile.png

Btw, if you see a blue cloud in the sky in the direction of Eagle River, it's over my house. It's all the naughty words I said after I realized I had cut one of the siding pieces a 1/2 inch to short for my coop.
I have to buy another sheet! And this is after the guy at home depot had already done this and I had to buy another sheet. I guess the good news is I will have enough scrap left over to make a brooder.
tongue.png

Quote:
Cool! Were some of them hopefully for me??
big_smile.png

Btw, if you see a blue cloud in the sky in the direction of Eagle River, it's over my house. It's all the naughty words I said after I realized I had cut one of the siding pieces a 1/2 inch to short for my coop.
I have to buy another sheet! And this is after the guy at home depot had already done this and I had to buy another sheet. I guess the good news is I will have enough scrap left over to make a brooder.
tongue.png

Why yes, as a matter of fact! Your name is all over that hatching sheet!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom