alyssahockings

In the Brooder
May 23, 2022
So i have three hens and two female ducks. Ever since i got my two ducks (around 3 months ago) they’ve tried to mate. We know for a fact that they’re both female and we figured they were doing it for domination but they never stopped. Today they were swimming in their pond and one persistently tried to mate the other one, or started flattening out to get mated, our other duck however was not keen on the idea. I wasn’t too concerned as this has happened many many times but today when my duck was doing this, my three chickens came up next to the pond, and my brown and black hen BOTH tried to mate my white hen, and let’s just say, her body was receptive to it. Ive seen both the brown and black hen try to get on top of the white one before aswell but never this far, and never seen our white hen actively trying to breed. Why is this happening? Should i be concerned that all five of my female birds are trying to mate? Who knows, maybe theyre celebrating pride month HAHA. Any advice is appreciated

Females will mate females in poultry if there are no males. The urges to reproduce drive them to do so. It's all instincts.

Back
Top Bottom