All my girls have started to lay!

Chickmama74

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 8, 2012
Virginia
I am proud to say that all but one of my hens have started to lay. I am so happy about that and every time I find an egg I thank them. I have only had them since March and I was given 4 Barred Rocks from a local farm. I had two hens already. Today I found one egg so far and possibly more on the way! With 3 in the nesting boxes now. My family does not go though eggs like some, so we may be giving them to friends once we start getting them more regularly. All the people we have told about our chickens have said how much they like fresh eggs better than store bought eggs.

Congrats!!
thumbsup.gif

thank you every one! i was just witness to my first egg laying. one was in the nesting box and when i went to check on them it popped out. :) yay....it is still warm!

My hens are 5 months old. I do have an Cornish x that has been laying for about a month. My barred girls have just started this week.

My BRs layed at 20 weeks on the same day but my EEs are just starting and are just dropping them anywhere and they are cracking as they are kind of thin still. They don;t go up into the laying boxes like my smart BRs do.

Back
Top Bottom