all my hens died except for one what should i do

chick_magnet

Songster
9 Years
May 25, 2010
My neighbor's dog got to all 20 of my hens. One manage to get away. What should I do. Give it away or this is where i'm stuck. I don't know what to do anymore. I just don't feel like raising chickens anymore after this situation.

Quote:
Don't give up on your chickens! Its not their fault the nieghbours dog killed them! Get that nieghbour in trouble, I would be
rant.gif

Quote:
First of all, you need to ask your neighbor for fair compensation. $10 to $15 per bird. If they refuse, then call in the bigger guns.
Also, see to that dog being put down.

There are several threads on here about exactly what to do in cases like this. How to calculate costs, lawyers, court, all that stuff.
You have to do it, because otherwise, the owner and the dog will do it again.

CL....get a buddy.....and a gun. Oh and I would submit a bill....
smile.png

I had one neighbor let his two dogs into my yard in hopes of them killing one of my babies. I grabbed the dogs and told him if they ever step foot in my yard again, I'll shoot them. Now I don't bring any of my babies outside without me being out there with my gun and last time he passed by, I made sure he saw my gun.

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Have you called the police? I would have called police AND animal control and let them see the and document everything. And that dog would get shot regardless. If I lost all my babies to a stupid dog (and I have two dogs myself, and they love my chickens and ducks), I would make it my life's mission to shoot that dog.

Quote:
First of all, you need to ask your neighbor for fair compensation. $10 to $15 per bird. If they refuse, then call in the bigger guns.
Also, see to that dog being put down.

There are several threads on here about exactly what to do in cases like this. How to calculate costs, lawyers, court, all that stuff.
You have to do it, because otherwise, the owner and the dog will do it again.

X2
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom