All new for me

pinkytyler

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013
Hi everyone I thought I should say hello and explain I am new to the family of my backyard friends.
I may ask the most oddest questions and will probably make you laugh alot at times but I gotta start somewhere to learn about them.I have only 7 hens and 1 rooster and yep I knew which was the rooster,but only after he decided to crow.But the little silkies I was given one black and one white I really have no idea.I was also lucky to be given 5 white ducks and one black for my grandchildren and think the black is the drake.but who know I could be wrong there too.
any advice given I will take and would appreciate it.

Welcome! Enjoy your new friends! This is an awesome place for info and help. If my chickens only knew how much their welfare improved due to the people and info on this site!

Greetings from Kansas, pinkytyler, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our flock! BYC is a learning community so don't worry about questions - I promise we won't laugh! Good luck to you and have fun!

welcome-byc.gif
Silkies are pretty hard to sex early, sometimes not till they are 4-5 mos. old or as we say on here often " When it crows or lays eggs."

Back
Top Bottom