All of my lemon cuckoo orps are dieing!!!

ANGEL702

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 22, 2012
I only had 4 lemons that hatched 2 have been pecked to death and they were pecking a 3rd one I have separated them from the rest but why are they doing that????? They are about 2 weeks old.

I only had 4 lemons that hatched 2 have been pecked to death and they were pecking a 3rd one I have separated them from the rest but why are they doing that????? They are about 2 weeks old.
Who knows? Raise them separately. It won't hurt and you
can reintroduce them when they are several weeks older.
If the chicks are bleeding and you can see red, buy a small bottle of Blu-Kote and apply a little to the wound. It will help t heal and turn it blue so the chicks aren't interested in it...because it's not red.
The little ones are stressed so go to Tractor Supply or your feeds tore and buy a small bottle of Poultry Nutri-Drench ( 6.99) or Pet Nutri-Drops (9.99). Both made by Bovidr Labs. They are emergency Nutritional Supplements. Excellent because they don't need to be digested. 50 % uptake in 10-15 min. . 99% uptake in 30 min. . It will give them energy. Give each Lemon 1 drop by mouth. Then put 2 cc's per gallon of water for a week. It will get them off to a strong start. Been using it on my collies and birds for over a decade. Superb products. Great for any kind of stress.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/746509/how-to-deal-with-travel-stress-in-baby-chicks see Post # 1 . Both products use the same dosage and usage instructions as in the URL above per a conversation I had with the science techs at Bovidr Labs.
Best,
Karen in western PA, USA

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom