All Pullet Rainbow Pack from Meyers!!

ChicksinBoise

Songster
13 Years
Jun 14, 2007
Yes, this is what we have decided to get...how fun, it will be like opening up a Christmas present when they arrive!
big_smile.png

LINK:
http://www.meyerhatchery.com/item.asp?n=DORP+06-25-07

Has anybody ever gone this route? I like it because they will mix in top layers AND they end up only costing $1.25 each.

My very first chickens were rainbow layers from Murray McMurray. Such fun!
You will have a blast being detectives to figure out what kind you have.
woot.gif

Have fun and post pics when they get to you.

I got a mix of rare and very rare breeds from McMurray...they were all very pretty. I about drove myself crazy though trying to figure out what I had....Next time I will just order exactly what I want.

Kim

that is exactly what I ordered and this is what we got.

ordered this year, just early season, are now 11 weeks old

8 barred rocks- 7 pullets, 1 roo
3 rhode island reds
6 white leghorns
1 buff orpington or maybe buff rock
4 brown leghorns
5 black australorps

so I only got 1 roo out of the 26 that arrived and you are right, it was like christmas. all arrived healthy and happy and I did have one runt rhode island red get trampled to death days after they arrived but otherwise all are well.

I hope you love your selection too. pictures can be seen at www.freewebs.com/sirmookie if you are interested to see what your might look like

Quote:
Looks like you got a great group of egg layers with all them leghorns...lucky you!
wink.png
The brown leghorns you have look a lot like black sexlinks too. I have 2 of those.

Well, I got antsy and went to the local hatchery. I went to get 10 chicks and the lady gave me 14!! She was very nice. Here is the link when I brought them home on wednesday. They will be a week old on monday. I will have to take a 1 week pic.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9075

Back
Top Bottom