All Roosters??? Sexing Easter Egger 8.5 weeks

Hmm. Leaning all pullet, hard to see the side of the last one. I would wait to see if any of them start crowing around week 12 and watch for saddle feathers. Combs can be very deceiving. Pics included are two of my EE pullets at about the same age as yours. Oof. I forgot how teenager-y they look at this age. Those black feathers on your EE there, they should have a green iridescence to them? So pretty.

Attachments

• 20220706_131700.jpg
    20220706_131700.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220730_091017.jpg
    20220730_091017.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Hmm. Leaning all pullet, hard to see the side of the last one. I would wait to see if any of them start crowing around week 12 and watch for saddle feathers. Combs can be very deceiving. Pics included are two of my EE pullets at about the same age as yours. Oof. I forgot how teenager-y they look at this age. Those black feathers on your EE there, they should have a green iridescence to them? So pretty.
Yes my black one has some feathers on the side that have a lovely green sheen. I wonder if she 🤞🏻 will get some more.

I hope you are right about them being pullets. I’m too attached I just love ‘‘em and want to keep them but i also didn’t plan on needing a separate bachelor coop. And I really was hoping for some eggs Lol.

Yes my black one has some feathers on the side that have a lovely green sheen. I wonder if she 🤞🏻 will get some more.

I hope you are right about them being pullets. I’m too attached I just love ‘‘em and want to keep them but i also didn’t plan on needing a separate bachelor coop. And I really was hoping for some eggs Lol.
I hear you!! I hatched out two bantams and actually hoping one is a roo. Cuz, come-on, who wouldn't love a tiny rooster?

Here is my Gamora now, one year old. The green feathers came in, I'm sure yours will as well as she keeps developing!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230531-005356_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230531-005356_Photos.jpg
    829 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom