all the babies with all their moms (pictures)

Freebie

Songster
12 Years
Feb 4, 2007
Bloomingdale, MI
okey dokey, for all those interested here are some pics of the babies and their moms

Here are the 3 bantam hens with the 3 babies they hatched out together in the same nest.

2007_0612babiesnewchickens0066.jpg

And here is a picture of 2 of the babies that the bantams hatched out. They are barred rock chicks.

2007_0612babiesnewchickens0069.jpg

This is Sydney and her babies. They are also barred rock chicks.

2007_0612babiesnewchickens0063.jpg

Well, thats it for now.

Oh wait a minute, this is a picture of the first baby hatched out. I am wondering, if it is a pullet or cockrel. Can anyone tell, I am sure it is a mixed chick, and I have no idea about what breeds, but he/she sometimes thinks I am his surrogate mom. When he/she can not find mom, I just say come here baby and he/she will follow me to her. I hold him /her everyday too, I really like this chick and hope its a pullet.

2007_0612babiesnewchickens0055.jpg

Awwww, what cuties! I just love seeing a momma with her babies. Very pretty hens you have there. As for the last pic....well...looks like RIR...and, I think a Roo. I hope I am wrong....but I have a few RIR/mix babies...and my roo looks just like that.

The pictures are just great Denise! I look forward to seeing them soon before they get to old. A RIR roo! Well there is your Captain Jack! It is funny to see the chicks with the bantams. Soon they will be as big as they are! It is funny how those 3 bantams hatch those eggs. I wonder if any of those barred rock chicks will be a cockerel. You can call him Jack's Revenge lol.

Quote:
In the last picture, the hen in the corner is a Buff Orphington. She is an awesome mom to her little apparently RIR mix roo? I was really hoping for a pullet, but you just never know.

So are those the same three chicks in each pic? They must be lucky to have 3 moms!!
Very cute pics! I just love babies.
Kristyne

Actually, there are a total of 7 chicks. Sydney, the Black Australorp has 4 and the 3 bantam hens all shared a nest and have 3 chicks to share. It really is quite a site.

Thanks to all of you, and I am sure glad you enjoyed the pictures

Back
Top Bottom