All You Quilters Out There... Go Buy All The Fabric You Can

Several women and I (with a crazed, determined look in our eye) hit the bonanza last summer and each walked away with at least five totes of fabric from one garage sale. Apparently she was a former store owner 'cause I bought as much as five-yard increments. This post helps me stay inspired to use what I've got! I've stayed away from those rows of bolts at the store but it's not easy!!

I know when I get my taxes I'm going to make my stash a lot bigger.
lol.png
I don't know where I'll put it but I'll find a place.

Quote:
lol.png
Don't miss the estate sale at my place after I "cock up my toes"........I've got a hecka lotta fabric and yarn. I'm afraid that my ambitions far exceed my ability to actually start, let alone complete, projects.

hit.gif
. I should stop calling myself a quilter and admit that I'm really just a fabric collector.

Chel

I stock up on 50% off coupons from joanne's fabrics and build up my stash that way.... unfortunately gas here is right around 4.50 a gallon and its cheaper to sew than drive my 454 around!

Quote:
I need to drive about 50 miles to get to a joanne's so I just go around here. One shop I go to has fabric reduced so I get that. It's mostly like now they have Christmas and winter on sale. I know I'm going to use that again some time and in the winter I get the summer fabric on sale. It works out that way for me. But If my friend says she's going to joanne's I'm right there with her. I'm not sure I even know how to get there. lol

unfortunately joannes is an easy walk from my house... quite dangerous to my debit card. I suppose that if I walked I would only be able to carry so much home with me!

Back
Top Bottom