Almost Day 23 and no signs of hatching

AshleySTAR

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2019
Hi all! I'm new here and could really use your help! It's my first time having chick eggs in an incubator. I only have 4 eggs. As of right now I am only a few hours short of being on Day 23 based off of the exact time I put them in. I have the Little Giant 11300 Deluxe Incubator. Any tips on what might be going on or what I should do?

Thank you! I'm very detail oriented so I did everything I was supposed to. Had auto egg turner. Took it out before lockdown. Humidity has been exactly where it needed to be. I didn't learn of candling until lockdown day and since I was trying to be fast with getting the turner out and getting the water in to increase the humidity I only candled them quickly. I'm pretty certain there were 3 chicks. 1 egg seemed clear but I saw darkness in the other 3. My only concern is that maybe the temp wasn't quite right the entire time. Sometimes it went just a little below 99.

Haha I'm definitely starting to panic! I read through a lot of other posts so I know that it's possible everything is okay. But I think the biggest thing that worries me is that I've seen nothing happen. I haven't seen the eggs move at all. I even tried doing what someone suggested on here where I shined a bright flashlight and shouted loudly to see if that would startle them and nothing happened.‍♀️

Do you open the incubator a lot
Are they from your chickens and could I see pictures of them and the setup
Don’t panic yet sometimes it’s a few days longer than expected:jumpy:jumpy

I have not opened the incubator since lockdown. They are eggs that I bought from a local store. I will take pictures as soon as I get back home!

This could be the answer to your question. Depending on how low and how long it was low, it most likely delayed your hatch. Are you using a calibrated thermometer, or one that came built into your incubator?
I am not using a calibrated thermometer. Just the one built into the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom