Almost lock down.. Help!!

growingchicks

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2015
Colorado

So lockdown is happening here in a few hours. I'm concerned about the air cells. A few of them I know we're good. But it most of them I think they might be too small?

So what say you people of backyard chicken community? Does everything look OK? Should I do something?

They are coming out of the egg carton before lockdown.

ETA: is it normal to still be able to see some space between chicken and air cell? Even on ones that the air cell is larger, there is still some space. All the images I'm finding have no space. All taken up by the chicks. Mine still have some space.

Everything looks pretty good to me. The only two that look a bit small are the ones on the bottom left side. I usually have a couple of smaller and larger air cells in each hatch, I just do what's best for the majority. Usually the ones I question hatch fine anyway :)

If you're about to lockdown, they'll still have a few days to grow yet. And just before they hatch, the membrane will draw down some, making the space in the air cell bigger. If your temperature and humidity have been good, I'd go ahead and lock them down.

Happy hatching!

Thank you!

It's my first hatch, and am a nervous wreck! Way more so than with my natural child. Such an exciting yet daunting process!!

Back
Top Bottom