Almost lockdown.. Help!!

growingchicks

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2015
Colorado

So lockdown is happening here in a few hours. I'm concerned about the air cells. A few of them I know we're good. But it most of them I think they might be too small?

So what say you people of backyard chicken community? Does everything look OK? Should I do something?

They are coming out of the egg carton before lockdown.

ETA: is it normal to still be able to see some space between chicken and air cell? Even on ones that the air cell is larger, there is still some space. All the images I'm finding have no space. All taken up by the chicks. Mine still have some space.

Last edited:
I believe your getting to involved and worked up over nothing. Do you think mama hen examines air cells.No. Pitt them in lock down crank up humidity to 60-70% and wait. What it is it what it will be. Good luck

Hey growing chicks!
1f60a.png
I believe that with chicken eggs, faith is key. Space in between probably just means that they're still working on it, but I'm sure they should be fine as long as signs of life were still present when you last candled them. If they are overdue, you could try to water candle. I'm sure they'll do fine! Post some updates when you can!
1f601.png
That's so exciting

Back
Top Bottom