Alternate equipment for replacement parts in Lyon TX-6 OR NEW bator?!

starshrike

Songster
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
I am looking to get a used TX-6, but it needs a new heating coil and water bottle. I found both these parts readily available, but the fix-up will cost an additional $50 without shipping. Any alternate items that I can sub in? As of the moment, I am not even sure if the TX-6 is operable, I will be taking the word of the seller. It is supposedly the auto-turn model, but the picture included is a stock picture.

Used + replacement part + quail ring will run me about $175-$200, would getting a *NEW $150-350 incubator with the fixins be more economical and less risky?

AHHHH the decisions. I would like to stick to a table-top incubator as I do not have the room both inside my house OR outside for that many birds
big_smile.png
. I also prefer non-styrofoam models.

*ETA: Was looking at R-Com (King Suro, though the R-com 20 is a dream), Brinsea or maybe a Lyon.

Last edited:
Yeah, I found that. In the add he only mentions replacing heating coil - but e-mailing him I find out the water bottle needs to be replaced too. He has no pictures of the actual unit, and his ad blurb is taken word for word from the McMurray website. Modesto is also about 1.5 hours drive without traffic for me.
hmm.png

Which Brinsea did you get?

Back
Top Bottom