Am I just stupid?

Well- I'm sure it's legit, and you did a nice thing.

What gets me is that Old Navy/Gap and all of those companies have their stuff made in Indonesia and China and probably pay 10 cents (or less!) for those flip-flops. For your 20 dollars- they should donate 100 pairs.

I don't think you are naive. You just want to help. I think the best thing we can all do is just write a $10-$20 check to the Red Cross and let them distribute what these people need. Flip Flops are probably not the best choice because of all the debris on the ground and glass, etc that can cut right through those. Maybe Old Navy should send some more durable shoes. I know when I'm outside in my crocs feeding animals and such I have had things go right through my crocs and cut the bottom of my foot. Anyway, you did what you thought was right, and it was very generous.

I just looked over the ON website, as well as their FB page - did not see anything, BUT that does not mean it is not real. How many times have you been in a petsmart, and they ask if you want to donate to help an animal? I am sure it is legit. If you want more clarification, go to their website and get the number and call.
smile.png

I'd say OLE NAVY is using this more for advertising then trying to make an illegitimate buck. You can bet on a wave of TV commercials showing off everyone's generosity.

Last edited:
Quote:
Good point. At one time last year Walmart was selling flip flops alot like that for a dollar a pair. Of course they did not have OLD NAVY written on them.

knee jerk reaction to a charity type situation in front of your face

I don't do that. I make sure I donate to "who I think" will get my money to the needy in Haiti.

I hope it does, but I think Old Navy is giving charity by the way of the consumer for the "leftover stock from summer" to the Haitians.

But yes you are definitely kind to donate! More should.

Quote:
Good point. At one time last year Walmart was selling flip flops alot like that for a dollar a pair. Of course they did not have OLD NAVY written on them.

True...but if you want, you can use a marker and write Wal-Mart on there. Or make it cool and put the "*" on there!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom